Writing your bio
For: Admins and Editors
Tell your story. Use Spotify for Artists to create and update the bio on your artist profile.
- You have 1500 characters for your bio
- Use @tags to link to artists, albums, playlists, and tracks on Spotify
- Paste Spotify links in the text field
- Add links to your social media and Wikipedia page
- Go to Profile.
- Click ABOUT.
- Click the pencil icon next to Bio.
Tip: To add links to social media and Wikipedia, click the pencil icon next to More info.
Note: You can’t add social media links to the More info section in the mobile app.
- Tap the profile icon in the bottom-right.
- Scroll down to About.
- Tap EDIT next to About.
Tip: To add a link to Wikipedia, paste the link in the box under Wikipedia Bio.
The main thing we ask is treat others with respect and don’t plagiarize.
The same basic guidelines for your artist image also apply to your bio:
- Don’t violate anyone’s copyrights. That means no copying unless you have permission.
- Hate speech and discrimination of any kind is strictly prohibited, and will be removed immediately.
- Bullying, threats of violence, or harassing individuals or groups isn’t allowed anywhere on Spotify. That type of content will be removed.