Artist Fundraising Pick policies
Artist Fundraising Pick allows artists to fundraise from fans across the world during this unprecedented crisis. Artists can raise funds to offset their inability to perform live (or other areas of revenue generation that may have been impacted by COVID-19), support a collaborator or music industry friend in need, or uplift an organization or charity focused on COVID-19 relief.
We’re committed to supporting the global music community with this effort, and we urge artists to use this feature responsibly and uphold the Spotify for Artists Terms and Conditions. Violations of any of the requirements below may result in the artist being ineligible for the Artist Fundraising Pick feature.
Artists may use the Artist Fundraising Pick feature to fundraise for themselves, another artist in need, or causes that support those impacted by COVID-19.
Examples of permitted fundraisers include:
- Direct contributions to an artist
- Fundraisers benefiting touring crews or concert venue staff affected by COVID-19
- Fundraisers benefiting one of the verified organizations Spotify has identified that offer financial relief to those in the music community impacted by COVID-19
- Fundraisers to secure medical equipment for medical workers or to support organizations conducting research into prevention or treatment of COVID-19
- Fundraisers to support individuals or local businesses economically impacted by COVID-19
Examples of prohibited fundraisers include:
- Fundraisers by, or benefiting, political candidates, campaigns, or other political entities
- Fundraisers for legal defense funds or filing lawsuits
- Fundraisers to buy alcohol, tobacco, or recreational drugs
- Comply with all applicable laws and regulations
- Comply with the terms and conditions of any third-party fundraising platforms
- Make sure your profile is in compliance with the Spotify for Artists Terms and Conditions
- Don’t minimize, seek to exploit, spread misinformation about, or engage in scams related to COVID-19
- Don’t post any misleading or deceptive content related to your Spotify fundraiser. For example, don’t impersonate an individual, brand or organization
- Don’t suggest that contributions to personal fundraisers are tax deductible
- Don’t promote your fundraiser in a manner inconsistent with the User Guidelines in the Spotify for Artists Terms and Conditions
- Don’t use the Artist Fundraising Pick feature to engage in the sale of goods or services
Note: Merchandise sales are permitted via the Merch section of Spotify for Artist pages