Creating a Marquee campaign
Note: We’re gradually rolling out Marquee in beta to US-based teams in Spotify for Artists. Check out Getting access to Marquee for more info.
Marquee is a full-screen, sponsored recommendation for new releases.
Schedule your Marquee up to 18 days after the release date. Campaigns start at 12 AM EST.
For: Admins and Editors on desktop.
- Log in to artists.spotify.com.
- Go to Campaigns.
- Click Create Campaign next to the release.
- Add the required info (including budget, target audience, payment method) then click SCHEDULE.
Campaigns created in Spotify for Artists target US audiences. To target listeners in Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, or the UK, submit your info to schedule a Marquee through a local representative.
Campaigns run until you spend your budget or 7 days after your campaign starts, whichever comes first.
Editing or canceling a Marquee
For: Admins and Editors.
- Budget and campaign dates can be changed up to 1 day before the start date
- You can’t edit active campaigns
- You can cancel a campaign before the start date and stop an active campaign
Note: It may take an hour to completely stop, and the results may take 24 hours to update.
- You can’t edit how Marquee looks - we use your release artwork and pick the background color based on the cover art
Don’t see your release?
Artists with more than 15k streams in the US over the last 28 days can use Marquee to promote eligible new releases.
Check your release is eligible for Marquee:
- You can only promote new releases
- At least 50% of songs need to be new to the product type (e.g. you can promote an album if 50% of the songs haven’t already been released on an album Spotify)
- Your campaign needs to start within 21 days of the release date
- You can’t promote a remix, compilation, karaoke version, soundalike, remaster, or re-recording
- The artist needs to be listed as a main artist on the release
- You can't promote an artist with a general name that describes the performer or content (e.g. "Sleep Music")
- You can’t promote a release with more than 3 main artists
- The distributor on the release must have enabled Marquee
- The Marquee must be set up by an artist team, or a label team with full or split rights for the release in the US
- The release artwork needs to comply with our advertising Terms and Conditions
Need more help?
Get in touch through our contact form (choose Promotion and playlist pitching > I need help with my Marquee campaign).