Marquee payment and budget
Adding a payment method
For: Admins on web
- Log in to artists.spotify.com.
- Click your avatar in the top-right.
- Select Teams, then the team you want to add a payment method for (if you’re in multiple teams).
- Go to Billing.
- Add your payment card info.
Note: You can only add 1 card per team.
Admins and Editors in your team can use this payment method to create a Marquee campaign.
You set your budget when you create your Marquee campaign. If you’d like to add more budget to promote your new release, you can set up an additional campaign – as long as it begins within 21 days of the release date.
- Minimum budget is $100 USD (or the equivalent in local currency) if you book your campaign via Spotify for Artists, or $250 USD (or the equivalent in local currency) if you book through our local representatives.
- Maximum budget is $10,000 USD (or the equivalent in local currency).
- Marquee is priced on a cost per click basis. The price can change based on factors like your targeted audience or targeted market, so check in Spotify for Artists for the most accurate pricing for your team.
When you create your Marquee, we show how likely it is that your full budget gets spent based on your audience, predicted click-through-rate, and cost-per-click.
How you get charged
You get charged each day your spend reaches the minimum budget. Everything else is charged at the end of the month.
You only get charged for the amount of clicks your Marquee gets, so it’s possible you might not spend your total budget.
Campaigns run for 10 days or until your budget gets spent, whichever comes first.
Taxes and tax identification number
The prices shown to you in the Marquee booking flow include indirect taxes, if applicable.
You have the opportunity to provide a valid VAT/GST tax identification number or equivalent when creating a Spotify for Artists account. If you provide a VAT/GST number or equivalent, it may take up to 24 hours for validation processing. You can't schedule a campaign until the number has been validated. If the number is returned as invalid (for example if it was entered incorrectly), you'll have the opportunity to enter a new number.
Should you not provide a valid VAT/GST number or equivalent, Spotify reserves the right to charge any indirect taxes that may become due in accordance with applicable law.
If you're subject to tax, the final tax amount will be applied at the time of billing and separately stated on your receipt or invoice. Your final charge will depend on your campaign's performance.
Viewing your payment history
You can access your previous payments under Transactions.
Your payment history includes:
- Date of payment
- Last 4 digits of payment card
- Amount charged
- Payment ID
- Status of the payment
Note: If a transaction uses a card that’s no longer stored, we don’t display the details of that card.
Need more help?
Get in touch through our contact form (choose Promotion and playlist pitching > I need help with my Marquee campaign).