Campaigns created in Spotify for Artists target Premium and free listeners in the US.
Note: To target listeners in Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, or the UK, submit your info to schedule a Marquee through a local representative.
To make your targeting more effective:
- We adjust your audience during the campaign to remove people who’ve already intentionally sought out and streamed a track from the release
- A user only gets one Marquee per release
Note: Marquees promoting singles only reach Premium listeners (you need Premium to pick and play individual tracks). Premium listeners can choose not to see Marquee, but our data shows they find them relevant and listen to the new releases promoted.
Choosing your audience
You can choose to target your reachable audience, or segments of that audience.
Your reachable audience
Your reachable audience is a group of people we select for your campaign.
We pick a group of listeners who follow you or show interest in your music and are likely to find your campaign relevant.
This helps listeners see recommendations they enjoy and helps you get the most effective results for your budget.
Audience segments are subsets of your reachable audience based on the way they stream your music.
Your audience segments represent a portion of your reachable audience, not the total (for example, you can’t choose to target your most engaged listeners, but they’re included within your reachable audience).
You can target specific segments if we predict you’ll reach enough listeners to spend your minimum campaign budget.
- Recently interested listeners: Actively streamed your music in the last 28 days
- Casual listeners: Actively streamed your music in the last 6 months, but less than your other listeners
- Lapsed listeners: Haven’t actively streamed your music in the last 6 months (but have previously)
Note: An active stream is when someone intentionally seeks out and plays your music. This doesn’t include playing from a Spotify-created personalized or editorial playlist (e.g. Discover Weekly, Rap Caviar, Radio, etc.)
Need more help?
Get in touch through our contact form (choose Promotion and playlist pitching > I need help with my Marquee campaign).