Music not live on release day?
We need 5 business days to get new music live.
If you deliver your music within 5 business days of release date, it might not be live until a few days after.
If you delivered your music more than 5 business days before the release date, contact your distributor for help.
Info for distributors
Tip: Don’t recognise a term? Check the Service Level Guidelines we sent when you first delivered music to us.
Here are some things to check in the Spotify Catalog Manager. If you don’t have access, reach out to our Content Operations Ingestion team.
- Don’t see the release in the Catalog Manager?
- Make sure the XML’s valid by checking it against the XSD. Then redeliver the music as an insert with full assets.
- Check the TRACKS tab
- See any gray music icons? This is a transcoding issue. Make sure the audio’s up to spec, then redeliver with full assets. For more info, check out the File Format section of the Spotify Onboarding Guidelines.
- Check the LIVE DATES tab.
- Under ACTIVE, make sure the release date/time is showing correctly, the start date has passed, and the end date says unlimited (or is in the future).
- If you see an end date or don’t see any dates, check the same info shows in both ACTIVE and DELIVERED tabs. If the info’s the same, the track-level rights weren’t delivered. Send an update including territorial rights for all tracks on the release.
Once your info looks right in the Catalog Manager, your music should be live within 5 business days. If your music still isn’t live, reach out to our Content Operations Ingestion team.
Learn more about metadata quality in the Spotify Metadata Style Guide.