1. Let your personality shine. Your image is your brand on Spotify. Ultimately, this is your canvas and your photo should reflect your individual identity as an artist. Be creative. Have some fun. Make it unique.
2. Make your photo pop. Clean, colorful backgrounds help your image pop inside of Spotify. Bright pictures stand out against the dark Spotify UI and simple backgrounds keep your artist page looking clean.
3. Be the center of attention. Since different devices require different photo dimensions, your original photo will automatically be cropped depending on where a fan’s viewing it. That’s why it’s important to choose an image that leaves wide margins and features you directly in the center.
This overlay shows how your image will be cropped for desktop and mobile. You should put the focus of the photo within the center box.
4. Keep it sharp. Make sure that you upload the original source image. Your image should be at least 2660x1140 to give you plenty of space to work with. Use a high resolution photo — although nothing bigger than 20 MB — to avoid any pixilation.
Once you’re ready, it’s simple to update your artist image using Spotify For Artists:
- Log into Spotify For Artists on desktop. If you aren’t a user yet, request access here.
- If you manage multiple artists, choose the artist whose image you want to update.
- Click the artist image in the upper left corner. This will launch the Spotify desktop app.
- Click “Edit Images” and follow the instructions to upload a new photo.
- Rejoice! Your artist page should update in seconds. Your photo in search will update in a few days.